This is another play that is set up off of a double screen. This double screen is set up in the low post and is
effective at getting a 2-point shot from the wing (or from the corner if the court is wide enough). The basic
concept is for the SHOOTER’s defender to have to run around the screen set by the POST and by the
Video link of the Knueppel Brothers running Double.
· The POINT has the ball at the top of the key.
· The SHOOTER cuts hard to the basket.
· The POST is at the free throw line.
· As the POINT is dribbling the ball, he does a head fake that signals the POST to start his piece of the play.
· The POST runs down the side of the lane to set a screen in the low post.
· The POINT dribbles down the same side of the lane and then reverse pivots and backs his way down into the lane.
· The SHOOTER comes off of the double screen to the wing.
· The POINT passes him the ball from his position in the double screen.
· The SHOOTER must force his defender to run above the screen set by the POST and by the POINT, even if it means pushing the defender to make it happen. If the SHOOTER’s defender has to run around those 2 players and their defenders, he will not be able to get to the SHOOTER in time to defend the shot.
If you have any questions about the Flying Knueppel Brothers Basketball Club, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put BASKETBALL in the subject line. Wed be happy to put you on our mailing list for tournament updates and periodic newsletters.