This play is designed to get a lay-up against teams who are fronting the high post by taking advantage
of the defense when they try to deny the pass to the high post that starts a number of our plays. Some
teams try to take away that pass by fronting the high post. The basic concept of the play is a fake shot
off of the backboard that is actually a pass.
· POST seals the defender on the high side of the high post.
· SHOOTER (or POINT) “shoot” a pass off of the backboard.
· POST gets the pass from the backboard and scores a lay-up.
· We run this play very sparingly because how the ball bounces off of the backboard is not 100% predictable.
· When you call the play also indicated Right or Left so that the POST knows which side of the backboard the pass is coming off of.
If you have any questions about the Flying Knueppel Brothers Basketball
Club, contact us at email@example.com.
Put BASKETBALL in the subject line.
Wed be happy to put you on our mailing list for tournament updates
and periodic newsletters.